Type 2 Surge Protection Device – FUSEBOX SPD2PT2
Supplied complete with 6mm2 cables
- Retrofit Class 2 Surge Protection Device.
- Compliant to 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671:2018).
- Designed to upgrade existing consumer units to comply with 18th Edition wiring regulations.
- Visual Indication Window: Green = Good, Red = Replace.
- Suitable for TN, TNC-S, TNC & TT (2+0) Systems.
- Features Replaceable Cartridges.
- 2 Module Width.
- Fast and simple installation.
- DIN Rail Mountable (35mm).
- Supplied with L,N & E Cables.
- 6mm2-16mm2 Terminal Capacity.
- Maximum Operating Voltage (Uc): 275 Volts AC.
- Nominal Discharge Current (In8/20us): 20kA
- Maximum Discharge Current (Imax8/20us): 40kA
- Voltage Protection Level: <1.5kV
- Fast Response Time: <25ns
- Back Up Fuse: 125A Fuse gG
- 230 Volts
- Compliant to Standards BS EN 61643-11 (Type 2), IEC 61643-1 (Class 2)
Type 2 Surge Protection Device SPD, Label, Installation Instructions.
The Surge Protection Device (SPD) is a component of the electrical installation protection system. This device is connected in parallel on the power supply circuits that it has to protect (see Fig.). It can also be used at all levels of the power supply network. This is the most commonly used and most efficient type of over-voltage protection.
SPD connected in parallel has a high impedance. Once the transient over-voltage appears in the system, the impedance of the device decreases so surge current is driven through the SPD and bypasses the sensitive equipment.